Shinobi's Requiem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shinobi's Requiem

A Naruto-Based Roleplaying Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Peace only in death

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
flickers

flickers

Peace only in death Empty
PostSubject: Peace only in death   Peace only in death EmptySun Dec 04, 2016 11:46 pm

In a recess of the forest surrounding Honegakure, Oki found himself relaxing beside a glowing pond. Carp usually frequented the calm and cool waters, but something about the nature of Oki drove them away. Even the calls of Honegakure's native birds could only be heard in the far distance, but the male ninja didn't seem the least bit bothered by the unsettling silence that descended upon the leafy backdrop. Only the sound of the slowly trickling stream pooling into the pond could be heard amongst the slight rustling of the trees around him. Oki dipped a slim finger into the pond, trailing it in a Ying-Yang symbol before lifting it back above the surface and watching the little droplets gather on the tip of his fingers. They held suspended, clinging to his nail, before dropping back into the pond.

Sighing, the silver-haired man tilted his head back and closed his eyes as he relished in the feel of warm sunshine stroking his cheeks. His ears were trained on his surroundings, though there was little to hear. Finally, tired of the silence, he reached into the sleeve of his indigo kimono and pulled out a bamboo flute. Stroking the glossy, ebony surface, he then lifted the mouthpiece to his lips. Gradually, a melody flowed out from the flute and Oki closed his eyes again. Despite the gentleness and peacefulness that rested on Oki's features, the melody that came from the flute was far from it. Even the surface of the melody reflected on Oki's present features, however to a trained ear to music, there was something sinister lying beneath the beautiful lull.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax

Nyrax

PostSubject: Re: Peace only in death   Peace only in death EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 6:45 pm

Tsumi had needed to get out and find some air. This place was friendly, but something about it still unnerved him. His appointment with Setsuna had gone well enough, and yet he couldn't help but feel that there was more going on in this village then there seemed. It didn't feel as unified as his home village...but perhaps Tsumi had just been away from people for too long.

Tsumi stopped his path as he heard a soft sound in the distance, turning his head and making his way forward until he saw a single man playing a flute. The music was beautiful, and haunting in a way that reminded Tsumi of seeing an old friend. "Few appreciate a wind instrument, I always found them comforting myself" he admitted when the playing came to an end.
Back to top Go down
flickers

flickers

PostSubject: Re: Peace only in death   Peace only in death EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 11:22 pm

The disturbance of a voice startled Oki, but he didn't mind it. Turning his golden eyes to the newcomer, he flashed a tentative smile. He was wary around men, especially as a Kitsune. Even under an illusion, it did nothing to hinder the power of the innate charm that all Kitsune women possessed that turned the heads of men and captured their eyes. However, eloquence was in Oki's illusionary nature, and so it would be unbecoming of him to send the man away purely because he feared his identity being revealed. Besides, he handled himself well enough so that the men he came across believed his charm rooted from his manners, instead of his heritage. Setting his flute down in his lap, Oki beckoned the man over.

"Few wander to these parts of the forest," he replied, his voice as mellow as the sound of his flute. "I hope you don't mind if I invite you over? Sitting beside this pond is far more comfortable than standing in the shadows of the trees."

Back to top Go down
Nyrax

Nyrax

PostSubject: Re: Peace only in death   Peace only in death EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 6:37 pm

"Not all who wander are lost" Tsumi remarked with a small smile before moving forward and accepting Oki's invitation. He slowly took a seat and made himself comfortable, finding this place a comforting spot to relax and rest for the time being. "I apologies if you had come here in order to be alone. I didn't realize that anyone else would be out here, I traveled out here just to think originally" he said before looking right at Oki.

"Did you come here simply to practice? It doesn't sound like you need the extra work"
Back to top Go down
flickers

flickers

PostSubject: Re: Peace only in death   Peace only in death EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 1:44 am

"No truer words have been spoken today," laughed Oki lightheartedly. "And please don't apologise, I certainly don't mind having company." He watched as Tsumi took a seat, smiling cryptically. "Sometimes I feel that music is a nice way to pass the time. Are you from the village?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax

Nyrax

PostSubject: Re: Peace only in death   Peace only in death EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 3:37 am

"I don't think anyone is really from the village, wouldn't you agree? We're all from other places" Tsumi pointed out as he unequipped his sword and let it rest to his side. No reason to have it equipped when he wasn't off fighting right now. Plus, it was a pain to wear it while sitting down anyway. "But yes, I just came from there. Had a meeting with our leader a short while ago. I'm new to the village, and she wanted to speak with me before I was officially registered"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peace only in death   Peace only in death Empty

Back to top Go down

Peace only in death
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinobi's Requiem :: Other Content :: Trash Bin-
Jump to: